Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Some Late Thoughts and Tax Day Bonus

Where to start. Well, lets start with a few thoughts, sorry they are late but here they are.

As with every April, we all face the tax filing deadline, some of us are excited we get a refund, and some of us are not so excited, we get to pay. I'm one of the later. Every year I dread the process, and it really isn't that painful, it just puts my state of mind into a less than favorable position. That being said, I had great thoughts of posting a Tax Day Special. Now it is April 21st and not the usual April 15th deadline but I'm still in April. ☺

What I would like to present to you are a few areas where those of you who did get a refund might consider sharing some your refund money. I'm going to list a few of my favorite organizations, those near and dear to my heart and I ask you to also check them out and consider making a donation. It may just make you feel good......... Now lets talk about double dipping, here is what I'm going to do. If you do make a donation to any of these charities, send me a note, and what I'm going to do is give you a credit for some amazing images captured by me. That is an incredible Tax Day Special, if I say so myself. The organization gets a piece of the action and you get an awesome reward for doing it. WIN-WIN.

Here is a list of three. You will need to show me that you donated, just saying you donated isn't going to cut it, talk the talk and walk the walk.........
1) NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO SLEEP - I am one of the affiliated professional photographers serving families in Colorado. Information is available through www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org
2) THE CLOUD FOUNDATION - Dedicated to the preservation of wild horses on our public lands, and the protection of Cloud's herd in the Arrowhead Mountains of Montana. Information is available through http://www.thecloudfoundation.org/
3) Wags & Menace Foundation - Seek to provide medical treatment for sick animals in Colorado, to fund organizations and activities that benefit animals, and to inspire, teach and motivate other individuals and organizations to achieve similar objectives. Information is available at http://www.wagsandmenace.org/

I will close with some profound thoughts that I'm borrowing from some pretty incredible people, enjoy and keep seeing the light.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
That is the principal difference between a dog and a man….." Mark Twain

"In the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

"Scars remind us where we’ve been, but they don’t have to dictate where we are going."

"Learn as if you would live forever, live as if you would die tomorrow." - Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: