Monday, April 4, 2011

90's are GOOD....He has arrived

90's are Good ☺ 
Master Christopher made his debut on day 90 of 2011.  Which also happens to be on my father's 90th Birthday.
I released the First 90 days video of Photographic Art which if you haven't had the opportunity to view it, please take a moment and enjoy it.  Here is a link to view it in higher resolution.

The First 90 Days - Photographic Art by Katherine Payne

I would also like to thank you for all the very kind and supporting comments of my work. Please continue to enjoy as I share this year long journey with you, it touches my heart more than I can ever say.


This is my first grandson... what a little man.  He is all boy.  Often I hear people talk that babies all look alike. Well, I couldn't disagree more. I have had the great honor and privilege to meet and photograph a lot of babies and I will stand strong on my opinion that each baby has his or her own image, character and beauty.  They change so rapidly, I can see that just from Day 1 to Day 3 with Christopher in how much he has changed.   

If you haven't noticed, I have taken a different approach to my Art and Photography Business.  I love to capture images, I love to spend time with my clients, my colleagues and I love to mentor the up and coming photographers of all skill level, both in photographic skill and business coaching.  I have several long term projects in the mix and I really feel that images should speak to people.  Perhaps a silent message but none-the-less a message.  I am still available to capture weddings, portraits, special events and destination events, so feel free to contact me.  I have broadened my scope to include more travel, speaking and teaching.  I will be introducing a new area with Katherine Payne Photography, dba Katherine Payne Productions, so stay tuned for more details.

Some photographers have taken an approach to the "Beloved" style which also speaks to my heart. Each time I see images captured with this style and approach, I am impressed, they are beautiful, touching and timeless.

I am not a supporter of those photographers who bash their colleagues, or don't support the appreciation of the art of photography.  We have so many individuals who have a passion to try and when they try or reach out to us as professionals, I believe it is our job, both professionally and personally, to help support and guide them to a higher standard and success. This strengthens our industry and raises the value of the art we love and provide. I am not talking about the "dime-store" fronts with employees pushing shutters.  Although I understand the value of that product especially in this economic time, its not my preferred method of portraiture but it does give photographic memories to families.  I must also admit there are some images I've seen posted as "professional" and I'm not sure which profession they are talking about. It reminds me a lot of the Disc Camera that was introduced back in 1982 by Kodak.  If you've not seen such a item, here are a couple images to help introduce or remind you.


These cameras took "Snap-Shots" and the the small size made it possible to have a camera with you in your pocket for special events you might have during the day.  It was never intended to replace professional images. I honestly think it was one of those movements to get people to start "WANTING" pictures again.  The Brownie Camera was found in many if not most homes to capture those birthday parties, and holiday snap-shots dating back to 1900.

We've come a long way... Our Phones have cameras, and believe me, I've seen a lot of pretty cool pics captured with the iPhone.  With that said, the world of professional photography has evolved and if you love photography, love images and love to share. You're at the right place.  The opportunities are amazing.

I'll close with this last comment.  Find what moves you and move.... If it is flowers, then embrace the flowers, if it is clouds, reach for the clouds.  Don't be shy if you need or want some help and advice.  It is OUR job to help you.  I once heard the road to greatness is to surround yourself with the great.  Come join us.

Keep Seeing The Light.
XO

No comments: