Friday, March 18, 2011

All Things Spring


I'm sharing my beautiful granddaughters as I announce All Things Spring, Secrets, Smiles and Smooches (Kisses) and Savings.
What do you think about when you think spring? I think about the beautiful flowers poking up making their debut, preparing for a season. I think about the new grandbaby I'm going to meet soon. I think about all the outdoor times I will be sharing with my girls and all the fun trips, daytrips and long trips I'll be sharing with others.
The lesson for the day will be about the Vernal Equinox. Which on Sunday, March 20th at 4:21pm, Pacific time heralds the beginning of the spring season for the Earth's northern hemisphere. At the instant of vernal equinox, the sun lies in the plane of Earth's equator. As a consequence, days and nights are of equal length (12 hours each) everywhere on our planet. Another consequence is that the sun rises due east along the horizon and sets due west. During the next three months, as the sun shines more and more directly on our hemisphere, daylight hours will lengthen and the rise and set positions of the sun will gradually shift toward the northeast and northwest, respectively.
What better time to start thinking about NEW things, like new babies, new homes, new relationships, Weddings and new wall portraits. I certainly have. Being a photographer, I'm no different, I need new images on my walls, showing all the growth and changes my family has made.
I like to think of our young kiddos and their growth spurts which take us by surprise, or at least it has me. All of a sudden, as an example, my youngest granddaughter got out of the bath not so long ago here at my home and I went to get her robe. OK, so this wasn't something I grabbed everyday or each time I saw her but when I attempted to put it on her it was the funniest thing you would have seen, not only had she more than out grown this robe, it was by 'a lot' which made me step back and notice, these are not babies, they are little girls. We have tons of conversations, my girls and Nana; stories of princesses, princes, castles and knights. I experienced the same thing with ballet slippers and my oldest granddaughter. I could have banked that the slippers I just got were going to fit for a while, no actually not at all, so off to the Boulder ballet store, to fetch a new larger pair. Now, I'm thinking maybe I needed to get an even larger pair... So with that said, take a moment, think about those images hanging on your wall, are they showing you the past or do they represent your present. If your answer is the past, then it's time to give a call and schedule your family portraits. Have them hanging when you have your summer gatherings with friends and family.
Keeping this post on the shorter side, I'll close for now and remind everyone to take some time, look around your house, revisit your wall portraits and continue to write your stories with images. I'll be anxious to share my grandson once he arrives.
Think Spring, watch for that full moon and keep seeing the light.

No comments: