Saturday, March 5, 2011

Time and Timing

Here we are the last week before we SPRING ahead. Next Sunday, March 13, 2011 we all set our clocks ahead one hour for Daylight Savings Time. For me it is like a waking bear after a long winter's nap.

Daylight Saving Time (or summertime as it is called in many countries) is a way of getting more light out of the day by advancing clocks by one hour during the summer. During Daylight Saving Time, the sun appears to rise one hour later in the morning, when people are usually asleep anyway, and sets one hour later in the evening, seeming to stretch the day longer.

This is an exciting time; it gives me, as a photographer, more hours to capture the beautiful images around me in natural light. From early morning sunrises to amazing sunsets, the availability of that extra hour has always made an impact on my personal schedule.

Lots of photographers have already started their 2012 Senior Programs, but I like to have my seniors be seniors when I capture these portraits. It sounds a little strange, I know, but like all our young children, our high school students also mature and change a lot during the end of their junior year and the summer before their senior year of school. Not to mention, how do you do a "Trash The Dress" session of your Prom Dress if you've not attended it yet? Often these are the last portraits captured of these young adults until they are engaged, married or have children, so perhaps, since I'm talking about time, timing is important. If you are one of the 2012 Seniors and have already gotten your images captured, I'll make a deal for you. Give us a call and I will give you your Senior Portfolio Session for free. There is a catch; you have to bring me and show me your already captured images and the ordering receipt which validates that your session has already been captured. If you are a senior rep of one of my colleagues, I'm sorry but you are not eligible for this free session as I believe my colleagues have already given you a pretty sweet deal and I respect their Senior Marketing Campaigns. However; if you still would like images by Katherine Payne Photography, I'll honor a 50% discount on your private session with me. If you aren't sure if you qualify for this deal or you don't know the ins and outs of Senior Adventures with Katherine Payne Photography, give a call and we can talk about it, I'll answer all your questions and get you scheduled.

Keeping this post short because if you know me, you know I love to capture images and that is where I'm off to. Leave me a message, send me a text, or shoot me an e-mail. I'm excited to hear from you.

Keep seeing the light and now looking forward to more of it. ☺

No comments: