Sunday, May 15, 2011

Finding Your Heart and Feeding Your Passion

Finding Your Heart and Feeding Your Passion........
As the weather was beginning to rain, I noticed this one dandelion and I immediately saw the center as a Heart, you might not see it and that's OK, but it brought me to the heart of this post and also gave me some "Me" time doing some painting.  

We find ourselves often living in a world of  "waiting for someday". I am easily caught up in this thought process and honestly it is a rough road to get off of. We are always waiting to take those overdue vacations and spending that special time with those special people in our lives. I cannot even tell you how many times I've heard, "OH, lets do that once I've ...... "(You finish the sentence).  I'm sure guilty of that, I've said it and here I sit realizing time is still passing by. You have to find out who you are, and find your heart.  Now, my medical friends will give me a bit of grief over this because we all know where our heart is, but I'm talking about our "Heart", what feeds our passion and gives us excitement and takes us sometimes to those uncomfortable places that result in amazing rewards. Just last night I was completely blown away with a PBS program on Vic Muniz and his "Waste Land" project, then I watched parts of the movie "The Bucket List".  OK, so I'm behind on the movie tracks, but the point is, what a powerful message both these films have. After watching the Bucket List I was so taken with emotion, crying and not holding back the feelings of "what are we waiting for?????", realizing we cannot wait, we must act, we must find our hearts, we must feed our passions and we must live. Vic Muniz spent nearly three years filming and photographing his project near Rio de Janeiro. Waste Land (2010) - Official Trailer Both these films touched me and frankly lead me to ramble here on this blog.... Don't know who to tell you to thank for that...LOL but thanks for reading and listening.

I would like to drive this to that uncomfortable place with you. If you have a passion, what steps do you need to take to move toward your dreams and goals.  If you have put off things waiting for "someday", make someday today. Like the dandelion, time is passing and within a very short window it is gone, live life today, even in the rain.  To quote Vic Muniz "Recycle Yourself".

I have always welcomed individuals who have a passion for photography to join me on my field trips.  I love the sharing and I learn from them nearly as much as they learn from me, no egos, no BS, just honest time to capture and share. Part of living for me is giving, and be it giving of my time, my knowledge or my images, I feel great rewards when I can give back.

In the spirit of giving, I would like to repost the deal that I am offering to benefit Marley the Mustang.  If you want to help sponsor Marley, just let me know when you schedule your session and $200 of every portrait session will be given to the wish list fund and Marley.
Here is Marley:

Keep Seeing The Light
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Katherine, I haven't had much time to visit lately... packing to move across the US...I love the dandelion heart and Marley. Once again, I just want to say I enjoy your work. Especially reading your writing. I am absolutely no good at that... I just have to let my images do all the talking.
Thanks for sharing and have a great week.
~Deborah