Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Forever...Passion.....and Never


I was thinking the other day about my BFF; you know my "Best Friend Forever..." Well I got to thinking more and more about it and thought wow Forever is a lot like Passion. The more I thought about it the wider and broader my thoughts became so I thought I would share.

As a child we are forever wanting, needing and desiring, this sounds a lot like passion. As young adults, we forever wish for, thrive to achieve, and dream, and again sounds a lot like passion. As parents we forever love and cherish and protect, this is absolute passion. As partners we forever promise and plan. As grandparents we forever long for more time and as senior citizens we forever look back at our lives at where we have been and how long we have before we leave and where we are yet to go. Everyone can come up with something that defines Forever and Passion. This is not by any stretch a complete list or exact definition of forever but you should be able to get the idea of how forever does have elements of passion.

Forever can be a friendship, a favorite sweet treat, a memory, a moment or feeling and often we freeze those forever moments in photographs, music, literature and more.

Thoughts that come to mind are:
"I will love you forever", "this has been my favorite place forever"; "I've wanted to come here forever"; "I will remember you forever"; "I have loved dark chocolate forever': "That has been my favorite song forever"; "This will be my best day, forever".

Passion can be a feeling, often defined as a physical interpretation between two people. I see passion in people, in their actions, in their worlds and careers, and in their dreams. I see passion in the compassion that I witness from strangers reaching out to help someone or something. Just mentioning Mother Teresa's name, you know passion and compassion.

Thoughts that come to mind are:
"I have a passion for horses"; "I have a passion for cooking"; "I have a passion for teaching"; "I have a passion for travel"; "I have a passion for friendship"; "I have a passion to help people".

Now if you go the other direction on this philosophical journey with me, Never would be the opposite of Forever. However with as close as Forever is to Passion, Never is also close to Passion. The act of Never has been the corner stone of many passions.

Thoughts that come to mind are:
"I will never let that happen again"; "I never want to feel this way again"; "I have never had such a bad day"; "Never will I work at a place like that again"; "Never look back"; "Never give up"; "Never stop believing, dreaming and wishing".

So as I've rambled about these three words, some defining points to them I want to charge you all with identifying how you see Forever, Passion and Never and feel free to drop me a line and let me know how close or how far we might be on this topic. I like to say if you want it, you must make a plan and go after it, if it cannot be reached, let it be because it was never meant to be, not because you never tried to reach it.

Feed your passion, reach for your stars, enjoy your BFF and keep seeing the light.

Quote from Earl Riney - "The stars are constantly shining, but often we do not see them until the dark hours"

No comments: